High-Quality Metal Roofing for Seattle Area Homes
Pacific Northwest homeowners brave a wide variety of roofing challenges caused by severe storms and other unique weather conditions in our region. That’s why State Roofing offers top-of-the-line metal roofing for homeowners from Seattle to Tacoma to Olympia, and everywhere in between, using the latest in metal roofing technology to safeguard your home for years to come.
Why Choose Metal Roofing?
If you’re used to roofing systems made of wood and shingles that can warp and crack over time, then it is high time that you considered metal roofing. Here are some of the key benefits metal roofs offer over their old-school counterparts:
- Long Life – One of the primary benefits of metal roofs is longevity. Compared to other roofing options, metal roofs can last for several decades and can withstand some of the harshest weather conditions like extreme heat and severe snowstorms.70 yearsPotential Lifespan
- Fire-Resistant – Metal roofing solutions are some of the safest choices for your family since they are non-combustible, making them fire-resistant. Metal roofs are also durable and can withstand high winds up to 120mph.120mphPotential Wind Assistance
- Energy-Efficient – Our metal roofs are made of eco-friendly, energy-efficient materials. This means that you can expect better indoor temperatures and lower monthly electric bills. Metal roofs reflect solar radiant heat, which can help reduce cooling costs up to 25%.25%Potential Cooling Cost Reduction
- Low-Maintenance – Apart from lowered electric bills, you can also save money on roof maintenance bills. Our metal roofs are nearly maintenance-free, taking away the hassle of regular roof management. Metal roofs are 25- 95% recycled materials and are 100% recyclable at the end of their life-cycle.95%Potential Amount of Recycled Materials Used
Frequently Asked Questions About Metal Roofing
Misconceptions about metal roofing systems are common, but don’t let that deter you from this excellent roofing material! Here we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about this type of roof.
Are metal roofs noisy?
People often wonder if metal roofs create a lot of noise when rain is falling. Thanks to great insulation, a metal roof generally does not produce any more noise from rain hitting the roof than a standard composite roof.
Are metal roofs colder than composition roofs?
Many homeowners think that when it is snowing or extremely cold outside, a metal roof will transfer that cold into the home. Actually, the temperature inside a home depends entirely on the amount of insulation in the walls and attic. Many Puget Sound homes are not properly insulated. If this is a concern for you, please talk to your State Roofing representative about insulation solutions that will keep your home more comfortable and save on energy costs.
Can a metal roof attract lightning?
Metal is a conductor, but metal roofs do not “attract” lightning and are not struck more than any other material. In fact, if a metal roof does happen to be struck by lightning, the metal will disperse the energy safely to the ground below – without burning.
Is a metal roof easily damaged by hail?
Another common misconception is that metal roofs can be damaged by hail. Metal roof is structurally stronger than other materials and therefore can withstand even very large hail without damage or denting. In contrast, the weatherproofing granules on asphalt shingles are easily knocked off during a hailstorm.
Metal Roofs from State Roofing
- Standing Seam – Offers an iconic look to your home by elevating the roof seams away from the roof itself. Its unique design helps moderate your home’s temperature and make it solar-panel ready. Learn more »
- Ironwood – Combining the durability of steel with the natural beauty of cedar, our Ironwood roofs have an aesthetic versatility that works across architectural styles. You’ll enjoy the durability of a metal roof while boosting your curb appeal. Learn more »
- Metal Shake – Marries energy efficiency, eco-friendliness, & durability, all while offering the beautiful look and feel of natural shake. Learn more »
Experience Metal Roofing, Today!
High-quality, durable roofing is something that every homeowner should enjoy. To learn more about our metal roofing for Seattle, WA area homes — don’t hesitate to call us at (360) 794-7164. Or fill out our contact form for a free estimate. Let’s get you a new roof!