For 53 years now State Roofing has been a family business and completed well over 60,000 jobs! During the last two years the company has opened an office in Tacoma and Olympia with plans to open three more offices over the next five years. State Roofing performs residential roofing, decking, siding, windows and painting as well as, commercial roofing services from the Canadian border down to Chehalis, WA.
State Roofing is currently looking for an ambitious and energetic Construction Manager at our Tacoma location.
As the construction manager you will be required to wear multiple hats for: leading our teams in the field, scheduling jobs with our valued customers, scheduling the fleet for routine maintenance and collecting payroll information from crews.
You will engage daily with customers with clear and concise information. The Construction Manager must have a strong sense of ownership for each project and ensure that the project is completed safely, on time, within budget and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
The Construction Manager needs to exude trustworthiness and accept full accountability for outcomes. The ability to think critically to solve problems with viable solutions beneficial to all parties. The Construction Manager must have good oral and written communication skills in the English language. Bilingual abilities are a big plus. Good time management and organizational skills are pillars to success in the role. The Construction Manager provides the ultimate leadership, accountability, and communication for construction estimates, cost status summaries, and schedules for all construction projects.
Essential Task and Responsibilities:
- Connected through routine and timely communication with customers
- Scheduling installations
- Oversight of roofing teams
- Holding team members accountable to our strict safety policies
- Quality control inspections
- Building relationships in the roofing community
- Managing construction within the company ERP system
- Managing quality control and inventory levels through field inspections of jobs
- Ordering materials for drop ship to the jobs
- Critical measurements in advance of starting jobs
- You report directly to the President of Roofing Operations who is based out of our Monroe location.
Minimum of 10 years-experience in the construction (roofing) industry. 5 years’ experience as a construction manager or similar role. Experienced assisting the management and coordination of multiple construction sites. Working with subcontractors and or vendors. Be flexible, adaptable, and capable of facing all types of situations including setbacks, challenges, failures, coaching, and mentoring. The awareness to hone on talent and developing it from within the team. Delegating responsibilities effectively while maintaining accountability across all construction teams.
The Ideal Candidate:
- College degree (Engineering, Architecture, Business, Project Management, or related field) or equivalent combination of education and construction experience. Qualified experience can be a substitute for advanced schooling.
- 10+ years of construction experience
- 5+ years of construction management experience
- In depth knowledge of roofing and construction
- Detailed experience in the roofing industry
- Quality control
- Willingness to do what it takes to accomplish customer satisfaction
- Excellent references
- Ability to type 50 wpm
- Organizational/superior time-management skills.
- Availability M-F from 6 am – 5 pm
- Excellent attendance
As the Construction Manager and working within State Roofing HR policies, you will manage operations for the south end market for one of the fastest growing roofing companies in Washington. Your coverage area spans from South Seattle to Chehalis, with your office location in Tacoma. As the Construction Manager, you will manage a team of 10-15 roofing and decking field personnel and take ownership for the south end. This is a unique, fast paced environment that provides unique challenges and problems to solve on a day-to-day basis. This is a competitive selection process.
A typical day involves:
- 6 am – 5 pm
- Recognizing and developing the talent of the team
- Ensuring teams understand what needs to be accomplished on each job.
- Updating job statuses and customer communication multiple times per day in the CRM
- Meeting with the crews to go over progress from the previous day
- Gathering payroll information from the previous day
- Setting benchmarks for what is to be accomplished each day
- Ensuring all materials are available for the jobs
- Calling customers to let them know the crews are on the way
- Ordering materials for jobs
- Setting up future jobs with customers
- Shop organization
- Payroll setup for the next day
- Job site inspections for quality and safety
- Managing job and shop budgets
- Construction planning
- Working by phone with the senior team members
- 1-hour lunch break and regular breaks
At State Roofing we bring a culture of excellence, with room for advancement, team building, and education opportunities. State Roofing rewards team members based on contribution to the success of the business and for providing extraordinary customer service that leads to excellent reviews from our customers. We have a full-time marketing and sales team to keep your job pipeline full year-round!
As State Roofing excels so do all the team members who make it happen. We reward our team members with excellent compensation and benefits.
- $85,000 – $100,000 DOE
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Tax deductible child-care account
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Recruitment bonus for new members of your team
- Production based bonuses
- Company incentive trips
- Company truck with fuel card
- Expense account
Apply with your resume and references. We respect the need for confidentiality in your job search so please let us know the best times and methods to get in contact with you. Learn more about us at StateRoofing.com.
- What are the necessary crew members for a typical roofing job?
- When was your start in roofing, and what positions have you had on your journey afterwards?
- What makes you a good leader?
- What was a difficult project and how did you overcome it?
- Tell us about a project you are proud to have completed?
- How many roofs have you personally installed? How many have your managed?
- Do you have any other construction knowledge beyond roofing?
- Do you have pictures of projects you completed?
Job Type: Full-time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Do you have what it takes? Is State Roofing the company for you?